Together we make a difference
Shaping Germany as a country of immigration: humane, diverse and inclusive.
From the Alliance4Ukraine to the Welcome Alliance
"At the end of February 2022, the full-scale Russian attack on Ukraine began. Our ProjectTogether team, like many others, is wondering: How can we provide effective help now? Our answer: By bringing together already existing aid projects and organisations that have needs for support, with those organisations that can support.
A video conference which we organised together with partners brought together 80 participants ... Our resume at the end of the year: Over 30 digital matching calls, 450 organisations in the Alliance and our own fund that provides unbureaucratic support.
Meanwhile, the arrival of over one million people from Ukraine to Germany lets the state and civil society face structural challenges - which do not only affect refugees from Ukraine. That is why our ProjectTogether team is expanding the target group to include all people that have newly arrived in Germany. Regardless of their origin. Which is why we chose a new name for our mission: The Welcome Alliance."
We create impact in five fields
Cooperation that focuses on implementing solutions and shared values
We pool social venture capital to fund collaborations. This includes supporting organisations in need with fundraising. Want to learn more? About Collective Funding at ProjectTogether.
The Welcome Alliance Advisor Board currently includes:
Derviş Hızarcı, Nalan Sipar, Düzen Tekkal, Ali Can und Diar Khal. Read the Advisor's quotes below on the website.
Focusing on the perspective of affected people
We look forward to meeting you
ProjectTogether coordinates the activities of the Welcome Alliance. The team includes:
Working Student – Communications
Managing Director ProjectTogether
Intern – Project Manager
Intern – Project Manager
Team & Project Lead
A selection of partners
"I came to Germany when I was 15 and I didn't know a word of German. Not only the language, but understanding a new country, a new culture, was so hard. Today I am a Welcome Alliance Ambassador so that others have it easier than I did."
"Together we can make it from "Made in Germany" to "Make it in Germany"."
"The Welcome Alliance is an agile and intelligent community of solidarity and support. The shared knowledge of those affected, experts and partners comes together in the network and leads to targeted and efficient support. Thanks to its multidisciplinary structure and smart decision-making processes, the Welcome Alliance is not only ahead of its time, but also exemplary."
"The Welcome Alliance is doing important pioneering work to build an effective, sustainable, long-term crisis infrastructure that helps prepare and protect our society and democracy for crises. Google.org supports Project Together to further scale and expand the Alliance. "
"The Welcome Alliance is a good example for networks of this kind. Our contact persons are competent, highly motivated and work in a results-oriented way. This enables them to react flexibly not only to our offers, but also to our needs."
"The Welcome Alliance is doing important pioneering work to build an effective, sustainable, long-term crisis infrastructure that helps prepare and protect our society and democracy for crises. Google.org supports Project Together to further scale and expand the Alliance."
"Although refugee migration always arises from crises, our refugee assistance in Germany is not crisis-proof. That is why it is so important that the Alliance also integrates young and disruptive approaches. In doing so, our collaboration succeeds in a way that we would also like to see for communication with arrivals: At a low-threshold and at eyelevel."
"Through the Welcome Alliance, I got to know new civil society organisations, digital platforms and Ukrainian actors. Together, we were able to make these contacts and information available to the municipalities. In this way, we were able to offer great added value for cooperation and integration on the ground."
"With its focus on multi-sectoral partnerships, the Welcome Alliance makes a crucial contribution to the development of cooperative approaches and innovative solutions to the needs of refugees in Germany."
"The cooperation with Project Together was always characterised by honest interest in - and sincere respect for - our work. We have experienced the commitment in the Welcome Alliance as very need- and goal-oriented and at the same time practical and uncomplicated: It is a pleasure to achieve more together with so much positive energy!"
"Exchanging ideas, thinking and acting together, overcoming challenges together. Beyond the individual impact of our organisations, with the common goal of supporting and empowering people in the complex challenges of arriving - that is what the Welcome Alliance creates spaces for. A win-win for all!"
"The Alliance of Ukrainian Organisations has also been united with the Welcome Alliance in the Collective Action approach since 2022. Together we stand by the people who had to flee to Germany from Ukraine due to the Russian war and unfortunately still have to do so - regardless of their skin colour or citizenship. In our partnership at eyelevel, mutual support, appreciation and trust are the driving forces that enable us to make the seemingly impossible possible."
"With the Lighthouse Ukraine, we are bringing the energy and willingness to help - that has arisen in the digital realm - into a real meeting space at Markthalle Neun in Berlin. Everyone here can feel: 'Together instead of side by side' is the way of the day in order to help those seeking protection in the best possible way. Today we are experiencing a new kind of collective action."
"The Welcome Alliance Fund is a flagship for cooperation - within civil society and in interaction with business and government agencies. In this way, it is possible to support refugees quickly, precisely and effectively today and to work together better in crises in the future."
"The Alliance4Ukraine and now the Welcome Alliance have been characterised by providing fast and effective help together ever since they were established. Whether it is time, ideas or money, every contribution counts to help refugees. Further partners are welcome to support the remarkable efforts of the people in the organisations on the ground."
Do you want to become a member of the Welcome Alliance?
- All members of society, regardless of origin or nationality, have access to education, the labour market, political participation, medical and legal care, leisure and cultural opportunities. We are committed to equal opportunities and justice.
- Actors from the state, civil society and the economy collaborate across sectors to provide social resources for people arriving in Germany.
- Human differences and cultural diversity are valued and their expression supported.
- A common understanding of social coexistence is developed and the sense of belonging is strengthened.
- Disadvantage, exclusion and discrimination are actively addressed and compensated for as far as possible.
- Integration should always be considered in connection with areas such as education, employment, social insurance and cultural exchange.
- Working together: As a member, you are part of a diverse community that shapes social change. Together we develop a vision, identify challenges, set clear goals and bring solutions to action.
- Partnerships and funding opportunities: We support you in finding suitable partners from civil society, government or business. Also, we offer a possibility of funding through the Welcome Alliance Fund - especially for cross-sectoral cooperation.
- Exchange and collaboration: On the Welcome Alliance Community Platform you can exchange ideas with all members and register for events. ProjectTogether accompanies the projects with one-to-one networking and workshops. Members can use the ProjectTogether Community Space in Berlin-Mitte for self-organised events. Together we create spaces of mutual learning and use synergies.
- Active participation: A community can only act effectively if its members invest time and energy. You should be able to devote at least 2 hours per month if you want to be an active part of the Welcome Alliance.
Reliability: Please be realistic about your involvement in a project.
- Cohesion before individual interests: We always pursue our goals in the interest of all members. Act in the spirit of the common mission, especially when speaking for the Welcome Alliance, and respect our values. Competition and rivalry have no place in the Welcome Alliance.
- Respect and awareness of discrimination: The challenges we face in the Welcome Alliance are based in very sensitive areas. Pay attention to fairness and respectful language. We want to provide a safe and non-violent environment for all. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any form. All community members are asked to abide by the Code of Conduct.